We continue to take all the necessary precautions to make our Teams, BGM Staff and the Jonestown residents safe. We recommend our team members to stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots. Below are a few of our guidelines concerning Mission Trips to Jonestown. Here are some actions that we ask you to take.
- If any of your team members have COVID-19 symptoms, they should refrain from attending the trip unless they have a negative test result.
- If any team member has been exposed to someone that had the virus, that person should NOT attend the trip unless he or she is beyond the incubation period.
- Make sure no team member has a cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, nausea, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of smell or taste. If so, that team member should not attend the trip.
- Communicate with your team members to practice healthy preventative habits daily while they are on the mission trip in Jonestown.
- Each person is encouraged to wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
Team members’ temperature may be taken periodically while in Jonestown. Wearing a mask is optional. However, we need our team members to be sensitive to people who have a compromised immune system or health issues. We also have some Businesses that still require people to wear a mask before entering.
High traffic areas at our Hope Center will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Designated team members are encouraged to assist BGM with cleaning high traffic areas (doorknobs, keypads, stove, etc.)
- Teams are encouraged to bring additional cleaning supplies
Please visit the MS Dept of Health site to get the latest on the community levels and prevention steps in Coahoma County.
Please give us a call at 601-983-1179 or email Annette Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions.