Stan is the founder and Executive Director of But God Ministries and formerly served as Senior Pastor of three churches over a 16 year period. In addition, he practiced law in Hattiesburg, MS for four years before becoming a pastor in 1995. His education includes degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi (B.S. 1988), Mississippi College School of Law (J.D. 1991), and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div. 1998, D.Min. 2009). Stan has been married to Jewell since 1989 and they have twin sons (1993) and a daughter (1996).
Stan speaks and preaches in a variety of settings throughout the year. He speaks to large groups in churches on Sundays and Wednesdays as well as to civic groups, universities, and other organizations.
He has written two books recently, and these are available at booksbystan.com :
Stan’s 2020 Speaking Schedule
- January 25, 2020 – First Baptist Church, Ridgeland, MS
- February 23, 2020 – Immanuel Baptist Church, El Dorado, AR
- February 27, 2020 – Mosaic Church, Ocean Springs, MS
- March 1, 2020 – Mosaic Church, Ocean Springs,MS
- April 5, 2020 – Thompson Baptist Church, Smithdale, MS