Jonestown is located in the northwest part of the state about 12 miles northeast of Clarksdale and an hour’s drive southwest of Memphis. Jonestown has a population of 1,200 with many more people living in the county.
BGM in Jonestown:
- 2015 – first exploratory trip to Jonestown by Stan Buckley and Rusty Hall
- 2016 – Kelly Sayle moved to Jonestown as first Community Manager
- 2017 – 6,000 sq. ft. Hope Center built, 11 mission teams to Jonestown, local business refurbished
- 2018 – Biggest year yet!
- Legal clinic with Ole Miss law school opened
- Dental clinic opened (Nov. 16)
- Montessori school acquired and operated
- 23 teams with 300 people on mission trips to Jonestown
- High school diploma program started w/four participants
- Full-time Team Hosts hired
- Full-time Life Center Coordinator hired
- Dilapidated houses torn down and removed
- Two community health fairs with screenings for sight, hearing, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre-cancer
- Numerous Bible studies, worship services, kids camps, and sports camps
The JFC Montessori School began in 1998 and But God Ministries acquired the school in April 2018. The program is for children ages 3-6. Click HERE to read more about the School and our team there.
The Hope Center
- Dorms for visiting missionary teams (40 beds)
- Great room for meetings and social activities
- Conference Room
- Community Manager office
Visiting missionary teams engage in a variety of work including:
- Medical and Dental
- Bible Studies
- Vacation Bible School
- Sports ministry
Our Photo Gallery
Click HERE for more details on BGM’s partnership with Third Lens Ministries to bring new housing opportunities to Jonestown.