Great Year for BGM…
While 2021 has been a challenging year, it has also been a year full of hope, promise, and success. God has blessed far beyond what we had hoped or imagined. Here are a few highlights:
In Haiti, God enabled us to:
- Build 26 new houses
- Open a new vocational school with over 100 students
- Build a new elementary school in the village of Malafie
- Build the final two classrooms at Thoman school
- Top 1,000 children in our child sponsorship program
- Baptize new believers in the river near Thoman
- Start a new Mobile Medical Unit in the mountains above Thoman with a full-time Haitian doctor, nurse, and assistant
- Hire a second doctor for our medical clinic in Galette Chambon
- Treat thousands of patients
- Provide medical, food, and housing relief following the earthquake in SW Haiti
- Make food distributions for hungry Haitians
- Host multiple Motherhood Seminars for pregnant women
- Hold countless worship services and discipleship classes
In the Mississippi Delta, God has enabled us to:
- Resume hosting mission trips
- Host the Grand Opening of our Center for Economic Development and business incubator (CEDbi)
- Move a new business into CEDbi
- Host business workshops for would-be entrepreneurs along with Ole Miss and Coahoma Community College
- Build our first house in Jonestown
- Treat 140 patients at our dental clinic
- Keep our Montessori school open throughout COVID
- Hold Montessori graduation for children and parents
- Increase our Montessori enrollment to 27 three to five year-olds and 12 two year-olds
- Host numerous Vacation Bible Schools and Sports Camps for children
Haiti in December
While the entire year of 2021 was busy with ministry, December has been an especially productive time.
Our Preschool and Primary schools in Galette Chambon held a Christmas party a few days before Christmas. They children dressed up and the principals decorated the schools as they celebrated the birth of Jesus.
The children had a wonderful time!
The school children put on a Christmas program for parents and guests.
We have 14 children who graduated from our BGM high school last spring and are now enrolled at a university not far from Galette Chambon. They were all home for Christmas break recently and this photo was taken. These are the first graduates of our high school who have gone on to college!
In spite of all the chaos, danger, and violence currently taking place in Haiti, our medical clinics continue to stay open and serve the people in this important way. This photo of our clinic in Galette Chambon was taken the first of this month.
As gang violence has continued, it has become increasingly difficult for the average Haitian to secure food. This photo shows a recent food distribution at the Hope Center in Galette Chambon.
Our dear friend Estima is always the advocate for the village farmers. He reached out to BGM recently to see if we could help the farmers of our village with beans to plant for the spring crop. Last week, he gave out a mamit (large can full) of beans to 250 farmers in the village. Now these farmers will take these beans and plant them on their land to grow crops for their families. What a blessing this will be to these families.
The church in Thoman recently celebrated the 6th anniversary of the new church building. There was an overflow crowd as the church celebrated God’s faithfulness. Pastor Mathurin reports there are now 600 members of the church! You can click HERE to watch a clip of the service. You may not be able to understand the words, but it will give you a good feel for the service that day.
We also conducted two food distributions in Thoman this month. Hundreds of families were fed during this difficult time. They people were so grateful.
Our dear friend and faithful employee, Kenterson, helped lead the food distributions in Thoman.
The school in Malafie has been built. We are now building the kitchen and the toilets. Soon, the children will be able to attend this new school.
Many wonderful things are happening in the Mississippi Delta community of Jonestown.
Our first house is about 3/4 of the way complete. We are so excited for the young widow with several children who will be moving into the house the first part of 2022. She qualified for the mortgage, has worked many hours helping build the house, and many people have worked to bring the cost down. Praise God!
We are currently completing construction of individual offices inside our CEDbi (Center for Economic Development and business incubator). These offices, as well as a conference room, will be available for area residents who are starting a new business and also already existing businesses that want to expand into the Jonestown area.
We are once again hosting mission teams in Jonestown at our Hope Center (pictured above). If you or your church are interested in a trip, please call our office at 601-983-1179 and speak with Annette about how to schedule and plan a trip.
We have renovated the medical clinic building in Jonestown and hope to open the clinic during the first quarter of 2022. Please pray for this important project.
On a personal note, 2021 was an exciting time in the life of my family. My son, Adam, married Elise Friloux back in July. We are thrilled to have her as part of our family. I am so glad that all of my family members are very supportive of our work in Haiti and the Mississippi Delta.
Me, wife Jewell, daughter-in-law Elise, son Adam, daughter Anna, son Neal
As you know, all of this work takes a great deal of resources. If you are in a position to give, you can give a gift online HERE
or send a check to: But God Ministries, 118 Homestead Drive, Suite D, Madison, MS, 39110.
Also, if you want your gift to count in 2021 for tax purposes, please make sure it is delivered or postmarked (not merely dated on the check) by December 31, 2020.
Can’t Wait To See What God Does Next,