Jonestown is located in the northwest part of the state about 12 miles northeast of Clarksdale and an hour’s drive southwest of Memphis. Jonestown has a population of 1,200 with many more people living in the county.
BGM in Jonestown:
- 2015 – first exploratory trip to Jonestown by Stan Buckley and Rusty Hall
- 2016 – Kelly Sayle moved to Jonestown as first Community Manager
- 2017 – 6,000 sq. ft. Hope Center built, 11 mission teams to Jonestown, local business refurbished
- 2018 – Biggest year yet!
- Legal clinic with Ole Miss law school opened
- Dental clinic opened (Nov. 16)
- Montessori school acquired and operated
- 23 teams with 300 people on mission trips to Jonestown
- High school diploma program started w/four participants
- Full-time Team Hosts hired
- Full-time Life Center Coordinator hired
- Dilapidated houses torn down and removed
- Two community health fairs with screenings for sight, hearing, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre-cancer
- Numerous Bible studies, worship services, kids camps, and sports camps
The Hope Center includes:
- Dorms for visiting missionary teams (40 beds)
- Great room for meetings and social activities
- Conference Room
- Community Manager office
Visiting missionary teams engage in a variety of work including:
- Medical and Dental
- Bible Studies
- Vacation Bible School
- Sports ministry
Jonestown Family Center
The Jonestown Family Center for Education and Wellness began in 1992 with the purpose of improving the general welfare of the people in Jonestown and the surrounding area. The Center includes a Montessori school program for children ages 3-6. In April 2018, But God Ministries acquired the Jonestown Family Center. Click HERE to read more about the Center and our team there.
Click HERE for more details on BGM’s partnership with Third Lens Ministries.