Village of Hope
Above is a rendering of our Village of Hope in Haiti. Everything has been built but the Marketplace, the Job Training Center, and the addition to The Hope Center which is a missionary house for the Agriculture Missionary. These three are scheduled to be built later this year.
Click https://vimeo.com/52751614 to see the latest video of the work in Haiti.
Latest Photo Book
Click http://bit.ly/13iEV3N to see the various areas, or spheres, in which we are working as we continue building the sustainable community in Haiti.
Photo Book - 2
Click http://bit.ly/RaNZ69 to see a chronological look at what God has done from the beginning of this ministry through February of 2012.
November 10, 2011 - Project Update
- The security wall is complete. The gates and wire have been added.
- Two and a half houses have been built and the foundations for five more houses have been poured.
- Two more churches in the Jackson metro area have agreed to partner with us. First Baptist Church Brandon is sending a team July 21-28, 2012. Crossgates Baptist Church is helping to support the Tony West family, members of their church, as they move to Haiti to operate our medical-dental clinic full-time. We are thrilled to have these two fine churches on board.
- The week of November 14, 2011, we hope to move out of the dorm where teams have been staying for the last 10 months and into our dorm within the medical-dental complex. Moving into our own dorm will greatly enhance our efforts and make the trips even easier, logistically, for visiting teams.
October 11, 2011 - Project update
- The security wall is built. Completion of gates and wire at top is expected by the end of this week.
- Foundations for houses 2-8 are ready for walls to be built
- Electrical work is underway. We were blessed with donated time from a local engineering team to prepare the best possible plan for incorporating all the potential sources of power. This will be a combination of utility power, diesel generators, battery banks, and we are praying solar as well. The second electrical team was there the week of October 8-15. We can now operate the clinic with portable generators as we move toward the final steps with the electrical work.
- Missionary House – Our leadership team is working with Craig Miller of Thirst No More on the plans for the missionary house. We would like to get this underway as soon as possible so that when the West family is ready to move to Haiti, everything will be ready for them to make a timely move.
- The first mechanical building is complete. The roof of this building will also hold the water tank.
- Teams have shared the gospel on this worksite as well as at the apartments where they stay. There have been 1-day Vacation Bible Schools for children at a nearby church as well as on the grounds of the clinic. Worship services have been held with the workers on the work site. The first medical clinics will be held this month. 700 registration cards are being given away in advance of the clinic designating which day each patients may see the doctors. We anticipate perhaps 1000 patients. Every patient will have the gospel shared with them. In addition, orphans in a nearby orphanage as well as the children of the local pastor will receive complete physical exams by a pediatric team.
- The next team is November 14 and includes pastors or mission leaders from 4 other churches who hope to schedule their own churches to send mission teams in next year.
September 28, 2011 - Project Update
The workers finished pouring the footings for the wall surrounding the medical-dental clinic. They are now laying block for the wall and anticipate having the wall completed by October 7. Then, they will complete the wall by adding gates and placing wire on top of the wall.
Also, as of September 29, 2011, footings had been poured for seven new houses. Now the block can be laid to form the walls.