Due to the latest developments regarding the coronavirus, we are rescheduling trips through May 29, 2020. We will keep you updated in the days ahead.
Due to the latest developments regarding the coronavirus, we are rescheduling trips through April 16, 2020. We will keep you updated in the days ahead.
With the current elevated awareness regarding Coronavirus, it is time for us to proactively communicate what we are doing within BGM to ensure you and your team have a safe, effective, and rewarding experience on your upcoming mission trip to Jonestown. There will be several references to the CDC web site that helped us prepare this communication. Each link will be highlighted in Blue. We encourage you to read those.
First and foremost, there are no known cases of Coronavirus in or around the Jonestown community. The key to managing this is to identify and isolate cases as they occur. So, to reiterate, as of this writing there are no known cases in the community you will serve.
How can you prepare your team members for their trip to Jonestown? Here are the actions we ask that you take:
- Ensure that each of your team members is Coronavirus free. If any of your team members have, or had, the virus, they should refrain from attending this trip.
- If there are any members of your team that have traveled recently to the high risk regions of the world (China, South Korea, Europe, Iran, Japan), they should follow the instructions on the link above and NOT attend this mission trip.
- If any team member has had known exposure to someone that had the virus or traveled to the high-risk regions, that person should NOT attend the trip unless he or she is beyond the 14 day incubation period from the date of contact.
- Communicate with your team members to practice healthy preventative habits daily and certainly while they are on the mission trip in Jonestown.
- Know that we have shifted our staffing to complete routine cleaning of the Hope Center on a daily basis. Our Community Manager, Bennie Brown, has stocked up on hand sanitizer and has an increased emphasis on cleaning.
- Please be sure to bring hand sanitizer with you for routine hand washing.
- We will continue to monitor this situation with local and national authorities on a daily basis, posting any updates on our website.
Should you have any questions on this matter, do not hesitate to call us in the Ridgeland office at 601-983-1179 or email Annette Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you and your team very soon.